Best gigs in Delhi NCR this week
- warpcore live Vinayaka meets No Latency: It is not often that Vinayaka performs his live electronic act in tandem with No Latency featuring Moogs, but after more than 36 months that’s what is happening at Mango Kitchen & Bar this Friday. It gets better as Delhi’s modular synthesizer wizard Monophonik is performing a live set before him and Delhi based upstart Demiurgic will kickstart the evening.
- BLOT! at Danza in the City: When one talks about deep electronic music, then BLOT! is the king of that genre in India. He’s also by far the most revered underground electronic dance musician in the country. He plays his first show in the city after a break of two months at the Dramz in the Qutub Minar area of the capital this Friday.
- Hoirong with Reproduce Artists: Rana Ghose’s Reproduce Artists have been trailblazers in the alternative indie music scene for the last couple of years, showcasing experimental musical performances at alternative venues. This week they return to Turquoise Cottage in Delhi’s Green Park on July 18 with the mesmerizing progressive rock act Hoirong who are known to create an ambient and intimidate vibe with their music.
- Lifafa live at Foxtrot CyberHub: Hypnotic melodies, almost sufi-sque poetry overladen with electronic beats and rhythms typifies Lifafa’s sound which intersects live electronica and indie rock. His new album Jaago has been making waves and he’s going to performing at Foxtrot in Gurgaon this Saturday.
- SPFDJ by Wild City: If you like hardcore vibes that intersects banging techno and modern acid tunes, then look no further beyond SPFDJ, who makes her India debut this weekend. This Swedish massive attack plays at Auro on Saturday with Likwid and Shireen opening for her.
Best gigs outside Delhi NCR
- SPFDJ by Wild City at Kitty Su: Swedish phenomena SPFDJ lands first in Mumbai’s fabled Kitty Su bringing down her aggressive brand of acid and techno, which is sure to suck in Mumbai ragers this Friday.
- Karsh Kale DJ set at Foxtrot Bangalore: Karsh Kale is India’s flagbearer in the global fusion electronic music scene. He’s a legendary act and in his DJ set, he’s known to play a drum and bass. Bangalore prepare yourself this Friday.
- Parekh and Singh listening session by BENT: India’s quintessential dream-pop band may not be touring right now but they are hosting a very special vinyl listening session hosted by the BENT crew in Mumbai on Sunday.
- MODD: All day I dream master, MODD, will bring down dreamy vibes with his style of deep house this Sunday at Pune’s Maazaka which has now become one of the hip venues in the city. He also plays in Mumbai on Saturday at Kitty Su.