Best gigs in Delhi NCR
- warp 50 feat Blot!: This weekend warpcore celebrates its 50th basement party with a public event at Mango kitchen and bar on November 22 with an artist that in more ways than one embodies the sound of the party — Blot!. Considered to be one of the best exponents of an ethereal melodic house sound, Blot is India’s most dependable party starter from the underground space. He plays a long set with Viridian opening for him alongside warpcore resident Aamish.
- warp 50 feat Acid Arab: A continuation of the 50th basement party festivities, on November 23, the warpcore hosts iconic live French electronic act duo Acid Arab who are known for their driving techno fused with Middle Eastern melodies. Unique, melodic and devastating on the dance-floor, Acid Arab will be a treat for the Delhi partygoer. As usual, this is at infamous Auro Kitchen and Bar and the line up features Delhi based Film and Uday Dass.
- Tapefeed: Italian breakbeat techno duo – Tapefeed makes their way to Delhi after a blistering performance at the Far Out Left festival in Mumbai. They provide an apocalyptic cocktail of powerful techno which is meshed with breakbeat rhythms providing a very raw yet hypnotic sound. They play at Delhi’s Auro Kitchen & Bar on Thursday, November 21 with the upcoming Cry Lighter from the Coven Code collective.
- nrtya showcase: The 6th edition of the nrtya showcase involves a heady concoction which of art and music showcasing different genres. This includes live electronic act Okedo, Delhi based melodic techno sensation Jay Pei, acclaimed live musician Tarun Balani and live acts like That Boy Roby and Easy Wanderlings. This is also at Auro Kitchen and bar, this Sunday, November 24.
Best gigs outside Delhi NCR
- MixMag Lab Mumbai: The iconic MixMag Lab party is coming down to India for the first time in Mumbai. Dubbed the happiest office party in the world happening in Mumbai’s famed Anti-Social on November 21 featuring one of the most talented DJs in the world — Marco Faraone. He’s an incredibly versatile act who can oscillate between hard sitting edge techno, breakbeats and melodic house tunes. This one will be for books.
- Disrupt Festival: Disrupt festival returns to Mumbai this coming weekend at Anti-social with eclectic acts like Acid Arab, Aysmterik (live), DJ EZ and Machinedrum from the states headlining the show. The festival promises a heady mix of innovative live acts and locals DJs who will showcase forward-thinking dance music. It is on November 23 and 24.
- Oliver Koltzki: German deep house and techno phenom Oliver Koltezki returns to India for his second tour where he performs at Hyderabad’s Block 22 on November 22 and Bangalore’s GYLT on November 23. Back on the heels of his latest album “Fire in the Jungle” expect him to mesmerise audiences in South India with his brand of deep emotive house which is infused with tribal rhythms. He’s a class act!
Disclaimer: warp 50 gigs in this guide are curated and hosted by the warpcore team.