The Valve brand is riding high following the announcement of Half-Life: Alyx, the first entry in the super-popular franchise in 12 years. It’s also a new coming for VR and maybe the platform’s first killer app. So, what better way to celebrate than with a beefy Steam Autumn sale?
The Steam Autumn sale began yesterday and will continue till December 3. Once again, Valve is also taking nominations for the Steam Awards – a community-driven awards ceremony that awards games based on your votes. This year, the eight categories are:
- Game of the Year
- VR Game of the Year
- Labor of Love
- Better With Friends
- Most Innovative Gameplay
- Outstanding Story-Rich Game
- Best Game You Suck At
- Outstanding Visual Style
Nominating games for the award will earn you a badge that can then be upgraded another four levels by completing challenges. These may include something as simple as playing or reviewing a game you have nominated. Once the nominations are in, final voting will take place during the Winter Sale, due on December 19, with the winners being announced on December 31.
So we thought what better way to help you out than highlighting the 10 best deals for each day, so without further ado, here are our top ten picks for today.
The 10 best deals you can grab on the Steam Summer Sale (December 3)
- Assassins Creed Franchise: The entirety of Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed franchise is on sale. From the very first game to Odyssey, you are bound to find something that appeals to you.
- Wolfenstein Franchise: The Machine games helmed reboots have been something of a hit and miss lately with the divisive New Colossus and the underwhelming Youngblood but The New Order and The Old Blood remain successful reimaginings of id’s old-school hero – BJ Blazkowicz. Speaking of which, you can even pick up the classics (including the criminally underrated Return To Castle Wolfenstein) at super cheap prices!
- >Observer: This gritty cyberpunk horror noir from the creators of Layers of Fear, features the voice talents of Rutger Hauer and spins a harrowing tale of an observer, a man blessed with the ability to hack into the minds of the insane. Pick it up on sale for Rs 182.
- Sekiro Shadows Die Twice: FromSoftware’s next big IP after Dark Souls and Bloodborne, Sekiro puts you in control of the “one-armed wolf”, as you are bound to protect a young lord of an ancient bloodline. Pick it up on sale for Rs 2,599.
- Thumper: A unique rhythm-action game that calls itself rhythm violence. Take control of a space beetle and brave a hellish void of strange environments and uh..a maniacal giant head. Pick it up on sale for Rs 141. The soundtrack edition can be had for Rs 210.
- Pillars of Eternity Collection: Obisidian’s Pillars of Eternity is dense and steeped in fantastical lore. It’s as old-school as an old-school RPG gets and if you like that you can pick up the collection of two games for Rs 939.
- Divinity Franchise: Speaking of old-school RPG’s, Larian’s take on the genre has run the gamut from ARPGs to Dragon Riding Simulators (Not really!). There is a reason why this studio is now making Baldur’s Gate 3! Check out the franchise.
- Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack: The ultimate Saints Row collection. Saints Row 2 through 4 with all the DLC and bonus content for Rs 3,222.
- Farcry Franchise: I don’t think I need to tell you about Farcry, from the Crytek made original to the latest, New Dawn, everything is up for grabs for cheap.
- Dishonored Franchise: The complete collection of Arkane’s fantastic steampunk/stealth series, up for grabs for Rs 1,572.